Monday, December 3, 2007

Back in Commission

Well, I'm feeling pretty well these days!! :O) I am so thankful for that. Getting around, doing a little shopping at Wal-Mart, starting to do house work, and I even put some decorations up around the house for Christmas. I haven't driven yet...going to try that today I think. The rule of thumb going back to "work" is no pain killers in your system and if you can slam down on the break without your stomach hurting. Well, I haven't had any killer meds in me for over a week (even though there have been times I've wanted them.)...now I need to test out the driving situation. I'm really hoping it's all good, I think I might go NUTS if I have to stay in the house much longer. Over all, I feel good, I just have to remember I'm still in the healing process and not to over due it, especially in the stretching areas. Thank all of you for your thoughts, calls, & prayers.

This past Saturday, Cassandra drove Darren & I to the M-A-L-L ~Mall to visit Santa. I felt Darren wouldn't be to partial sitting on Santa's lap this year after seeing his reaction when he saw Sir Topham Hatt at meet Thomas the Tank and Friends at Rusk County Railroad.
I thought if we visited with Santa a couple of times or maybe a few before his birthday(8th), he would feel more comfortable with this big man with a lot of white hair he's not real sure about, but hears mommie talk about and sees in the stores.

He didn't too well on Saturday at the Tyler Mall. Santa was real patient and wasn't rushing us at all. The pictures we got were so sad! We ended up having a picture taken with Cassandra, myself on Santa's lap & Darren on Cassandra's lap with the saddest face you ever saw. It would be your typical 2 year old Santa Picture...I didn't purchase it, but may by Christmas eve.

Thank You Ms. Cassie for all that you do...it's a lot and we appreciate you!!

Zak took us to the Longview Mall yesterday, yip, I had the privilege going to 2 malls in 2 days. See, I am doin' good. Wore me out, but I'm doing fine. We visited with Santa, or I should say, Santa visited with us...he was an AWESOME Santa. We never went in line...I just wanted to go, so Darren could see Santa and see other boys & girls visit with Santa. Planting that Seed in Darren's head. Santa came up to Darren several times to talk with him, to give him 5, even asked Darren to come get a candy cane when other boys & girls were on his lap...when we left, Darren gave Santa a hug & blew him a kiss. I started crying...as I am right now...it was a touchy moment for me. Anyhow, we didn't stay, the line was about an hour long and we weren't ready to see Santa. I'm hoping us visiting Santa will help Darren feel Warm & Cozy when it's time to get that "magical" picture with Santa.

No comments: