Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Our New Addition


















YIP, I finally caved in...Zak has been wanting to get a dog for sometime now ~ before we got married. We had some regulations: hypoallergenic, no shedding, gentle, potty trained, not real active, cute, not expensive, good with kids, one that weighs no more than 20 pounds.
Out of the blue, one of the employees at Zak's work asked him if we would be interested in a 5 month old puppy. Well, Zak immediately responds positive, especially when he hears it's a miniature schnauzer. He called me up to let me know about the dog. I have to say, I was RELUCTANT at first. I know that these type of dogs are very active, some good with kids and some not, temperamental, hard to train, rough, can be snappy, and high maintenance.
Darren, Cassandra, and I went to check out this so called friendly, gentle puppy that is very close to being potty trained. To my surprise he was all of these. I asked if we could take him home only to get him out of his familiar surroundings...he has opened up, however, he is still gentle, he likes to play, but he too likes to snuggle. He's not going to cost an arm and a leg, however we will have the grooming expense. I can't believe how great he is with Darren. That's the seller point for me right there!! So far he listens and he's a quick learner. I won't go into detail, but let me put it this way, potty trainings going pretty good.
Yesterday afternoon, it was so cute watching Darren and this puppy play out in the back yard. Puppy's current name is Black Jack, but we are trying to find another name for him. If you have any ideas, we are open ears. Zak likes Eldo, Stacie likes Boko, Darren likes Mak (his Na-Na has 2 miniature schnauzer's~~Mick & Max).
We have enjoyed this puppy for 2 days now...I'm sure there's going to be a lot more fun.

Will keep you informed with the name we decide on.

3 comments:

Erin said...

It's so cute! I wish I could help with a name, but I'm not real good at that. It might be fun for Darren to let him pick, though.

Yesterday at the park, this very friendly and very large German Shepherd Husky mix befriended us. It literally jumped in our car while I was taking out the stroller. Then it laid by us and walked around with us while Andrew played. It was so friendly and followed us back to our car. It was like it had picked us to live with. I was actually sort of sad when we drove off without her. She made several attempts at getting in our car while we were leaving and sort of followed us when we drove off - so sad! But we're already dog owners...

Congrats!

Katie Hauptman's Page said...

We love our miniature shnauzer. She is a little hyper sometimes but is really good with Katie and very affectionate. She likes to cuddle at night and will try and share your pillow. It is very cute at times other times annoying. Hopefully your new pup will be sweet.

Lindy said...

Yay for the new puppy! You could name him something big like Goliath.... :)