Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Out of Commission

Well, the day is coming closer...

Last night Zak and I went out on a date, Yes a date without our monkey boy. Cassandra aka Cassie kept him for us...We talked the entire time and got caught up on STUFF...it was nice to actually have a conversation with my husband and not saying...hands off, off limits, darren, please don't, darren no, sit down please, etc...Thank You Ms. Cassie for taking care of Darren for us. For a moment at the table I got a little emotional because I had my husband to myself. I felt and still feel guilty for that, but parents need their own time. I enjoyed last night a lot. Thank You Zak for taking off early and taking me on a date! :O)

Friday is the surgery day and Na-Na will be picking Darren up tomorrow night. My Mommie will be coming tomorrow night too. I'm so thankful for having the mothers that I have...I only have 4! I have my "Mommie, mamma, mom, & mamacita" those are the names I call my biological mother. Then I have a step mom, whom I call "MOTHER", I have a mother-in-law that I have know all of my life except for 6 months, and I have a step mother-in-law. I feel very fortunate to have the mothers that I have in my life...I know that others are not so fortunate...Thank You God again for another great Gift. I got off the topic, so, what's new? NOTHING.

I go in on Friday and the doc says I will be able to go home on Sunday or Monday. I'll be keeping it on the down low for a good 2 weeks. Due to the doctor doing a full blown hysterectomy, taking care of a hernia, and taking more scare tissue out, the recovery time MIGHT be a little longer. Who knows. I'm hoping with me working out, my body will heal just fine and maybe a little faster!!??!!

The Grandparents will have Darren til' November 25th...that's a long time! As I am recuperating, I have projects here to do and am hoping to get them done!! You see, if I share my projects with you, the chances of me getting them done will be greater. So let me share:
Pics in photo albums, bills filed~I have gotten so bad on letting them pile up and NOT filing them. I have about 6 months of bills to file!!! See, I'm a bad girl. Receipts put in order, filed and tallied. If I get the receipts in order by months and put in envelopes I will be very happy with that!!! Not sure if I'm going to be able to tally them up before recovery time is up. Those are my goals...doesn't seem like a lot, but if you saw my piles, you would understand! Those are projects that i can do laying/sitting down and that won't take too much effort/energy. Wish me luck! :O)

This will be the last update on our blog for a while. I'm hoping that the grandparents will take pics while they are having a fun time with our monkey boy. If they do take pics, I will share some with y'all as well.

Love to all! Thank You for your thoughts and prayers!!!

Gobble, Gobble,

stacie j.

3 comments:

Kimmie said...

You will be in my special thoughts as you are going through your surgery and your recovery. Not that you aren't always in my special thoughts...I wish I was closer so I could come and file your stuff and help you with your photo albums! :(

Lots of Love from California!

DAynes said...

Hey, Stacie:
I've checked on you thru Mary Sue -- didn't want to wake or disturb you. You've been in our thoughts and prayers, and many in the family have asked how everything went. Last I heard, you were home and altho not yet comfortable, at least well enough to be out of the hospital.
Love you, and we'll miss ya'll tomorrow (Thanksgiving). Hugs to you all!
Auntie D

Katie Hauptman's Page said...

Hey Stacie,
Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. I hope the recovery goes well and you are all better soon.
Pam