Sunday, February 17, 2008

2 Projects Completed

2 more projects completed...Darren actually helped me too! :O) It feels so good to finish a project & actually like to outcome.

Erin, my sted sister-in-law & sister in christ informed me in her blog about displaying books where one can see the face of the book & it to be more enticing for kids. I was very intrigued when I read her blog. When we were in Irving for her sons 3rd birthday, I got to see exactly what she was talking about and got even more intrigued.

I went to Lowe's, purchased a 10 foot rain gutter & brackets to hold the rain gutter. I cut the rain gutter in 3 & 4 ft. dimensions with my cooking scissors, decided to paint the gutter. I screwed the brackets into the studs & slid the gutter in the brackets. It really wasn't that hard at all. It was actually a bit fun to do.

Now, Darren can see his books much better. A few things about having this for a book holder is: It's more eye appealing to Darren, it gives a lot of color to the room, the books are easy to put back, and it's easy for Darren to put the books back as well. I just know when it's time to "clean up", he'll be able to help me with the books now instead of me putting the books in order from large to small with the bind showing only. ~~~Yes, I actually took the time to do that...pretty crazy huh.

I am so excited about having this done. The result is really cute. Thank You Erin for sharing this on your blog!!!!! If y'all decide to do this, I sure hope the result ends up as satisfactory as it is to me. The stuff ended up costing me a little over $17.00. That was for a 10 ft. rain gutter and 6 bracket holders. Not too bad. Much cheaper than buying a bookcase & the bookcase taking up a lot of room.

If you choose to do this, GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN...






In Darren's bedroom

In Darren's Play Room

2 comments:

Erin said...

Look at how cute it is! I love that you painted them! And y'all seriously have a lot of books... :) Yea!

Kimmie said...

Love this idea! I wish we had a wall free to do it! Maybe in my next house! Great job!